Step 7 PLCsim

Riche Robledo

Why my step 7 PLCsim simulator in Simatic Manager is not highlighted?

I used to simulate my program using my PLCsim simulator before but i didnt know the reason why the icon of PLCsim simulator is gone now?

I really want to simulate it my practice program but please advise me what shall I do.

I appreciate all the things you will share to manage this..

Thanks in advance...

Assuming the PC is the same as before, with no reinstalls or anything, you might just have the wrong thing highlighted. Step 7 is very context sensitive.

Why my step 7 PLCsim simulator in Simatic Manager is not highlighted?

I used to simulate my program using my PLCsim simulator before but i didnt know the reason why the icon of PLCsim simulator is gone now?

I really want to simulate it my practice program but please advise me what shall I do.

I appreciate all the things you will share to manage this..

Thanks in advance...

Simatic step 7 refers to way too many versions of software up to and including the newly release TIA V15, which one do should I imagine you using?
Not all hardware can be simulated, which hardware should I guess you want to simulate?

Edit: I guess "Simatic Manager" should be the clue!

Last edited:
Thanks sir Kalabdel...

I had mistakenly opened a program from older version of Simatic Manager that resulted the icon of PLCsim missing.

I tried to open a new program from the latest version of Simatic Manager just to think the icon of PLCsim will appear it but nothing happened.

When I downloaded the S7 PLCsim V5.4 SP3, The icon is back!!!

Thanking much to all of you sir...