1784-PCM5/B pinout? on the DB9, DH+

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello everyone... I have lost my adapter/pig tail that I plug into the DB9 and now I can not find the pinout and have look...

I have a PCM5/B on the end it has the removable round end for the DH+, I made an adapter (short pig tail) that plug into the DB9 and had 3 wires hanging out (data+, data- and the shield) I would hard wire into the trunk line (or at the CPU) and get into all the nodes for this connection

Does anyone know the pin out of the DB9?

From the Knowledgebase, article ID # 19500:

1784-PCM5:(this is the DH+ connection, comes also with mini-din adapter)
9 Pin D-Sub connector:
Wire Color Pin Number
CLEAR PIN 1
BLUE PIN 5
DRAIN(UNINSULATED) PIN 7

That adapter is part number 1784-CP7; most distributors and A-B offices have several stashed in a drawer if you need one.

cp7.GIF

moz-screenshot-4.jpg

Ken Roach said:

That adapter is part number 1784-CP7; most distributors and A-B offices have several stashed in a drawer if you need one.

I have the CP7 I just needed the drawing so I can hook up to my drop...

Thank you very much!

Mark

I would also be interested in the pinout of the DB-9.
I had the adaptor connected to the cable and it got bent in my bag and pulled the end out of the DB-9. I need to re-solder it on.
Regards Alan Case

Hi Alan,

I used the pinout that Ken posted and it worked perfect...

But not sure of the other side of the DB9 (this is what I think you are talking about) I just needed the pin out after the DB9 to the DH+

How many wires? they are only using the 3 wires, pins 1,5 and 7

I am looking for an RS232 to DH+ adapter.. Small

preferably something similar to 1761-NET-AIC

thanks

See links below, one is for a USB to DH+ the other two are RS232 to DH+.
But nothing similar to the AIC.

Make sure you are sitting down before looking at the prices.

http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1784-in045_-en-p.pdf

http://www.industrial-gateways.com/DL3500-RS232-422-485-and-USB-Interface-to-A-B's-DH-plus-or-DH-485

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...d=1770-kf2&geo_id=10232&adgroup_id=3617907036