Inductive Automation Ignition Fanless PC Hardware

GTUnit

Can someone please recommend some fanless PC models that are proven to host Ignition Gateway/software and MySQL well with no hiccups?

I don't need a monitor/panelPC. Just the PC brick to put inside a panel.

I did a small headless Ignition/MySQL system on a Fit-PC2, which had an Atom CPU and 2 GB of RAM. Ran fine.

I have one running now on an Atom "mini server" from SuperMicro.

Advantech always comes up as a good vendor for this sort of thing. Pick anything that's not their lowest-end model and go for it.

We use B&R industrial PCs and are really happy with them.

Be sure that your CPU architecture is supported by the OS you intend to run, and let 'er rip.

Bit of a grave dig here guys, but still on topic.

Trying to spec up some hardware for my first Ignition project. Will have a main server for the Ignition gateway, and full desktop PC's running some clients. But I also need to have a couple of HMI's around the place running Ignition clients as well.

Anyone have an opinion on how well it will run on an Advantech TPC-1051WP?

Specs:
Intel Atom E3827 Dual Core 1.75GHz
4GB RAM
128GB SSD
W7 or W10 Embedded OS.

Appreciate any advice!

C6015 from beckhoff is a pretty package, and they know their stuff when it coms to industrial windows PCs.

Their only standard option though is a 60GB SDD upgrade, not sure if you can ask them to put a 120 in there for you. Has an "accessible SSD slot".

Anyone have an opinion on how well it will run on an Advantech TPC-1051WP?

Specs:
Intel Atom E3827 Dual Core 1.75GHz
4GB RAM
128GB SSD
W7 or W10 Embedded OS.

Appreciate any advice!

Just to clarify, are you planning these as clients to the main server, or will these be standalone (Ignition Edge-ish) installs?

If just a client, what you have is fine, otherwise, I'd consider bumping the RAM to 8GB

Actually, I recommend the RAM upgrade either way, just for a touch of future-proofing... :)

Just to clarify, are you planning these as clients to the main server, or will these be standalone (Ignition Edge-ish) installs?

If just a client, what you have is fine, otherwise, I'd consider bumping the RAM to 8GB

Actually, I recommend the RAM upgrade either way, just for a touch of future-proofing... :)

Just as a display client to the main Ignition gateway server.

Thanks for the advice!