HMI Com Status?

joelolson

I am using Beijer's Ix Developer to create a runtime file that will be run from a laptop not an hmi. I will be using multiple MicroLogix 1400 controllers with this set up. I am able to talk to each controller no problem but let me explain the application. I am contracting to an oil field service company that does fracking. There are multiple mobile frack pumps that will be controlled from a central location. I am trying to have certain things be visible only if there is a good communication between the pump and laptop. I can set objects up to be visible when it sees a 1 and not when it sees a 0, but the problem is that if i lose communication it stays in the last state. The software can be set up to alarm if it loses communication but I have seen this cause issues with the rest of the program. Also they may only use 2 pumps one time and 7 the next, so it will be annoying to have the communication error continue to pop up all the time. Ideally it would fade in and out based on whether or not there was a positive communication. Any ideas on how I can get that to work? I've attached a screen shot of the rough draft of my control screen so you have a visual.

Thanks

controlscreen.jpg

Hello
In the Controller settings (Advanced) you can inhibit the comms error appearing.
There are a few System Tags, where the number of controller errors and the text of the last comms error message are available.
Armed with these, you are now in the C# environment and you should be able to derive a 'comms just died' state and 'comms just recovered' state. Not a 5 minute exercise though.
Pp