WinCC 6.0 Picture Module Technology

lucifer

I am prpapring faceplate (ubiquitous Pump/Valve or PID pop ups) in WinCC 6.0. I am not getting how useful the Picture Module Technology ("Picture Module Template" and "Picture Module Instances" tool in the Dynamic Wizard) is in this context. I was partially successful in creating a typical pump faceplate using this technology. Partially because the "Picture Module Template" or TypWizard allows you to link faceplate object properties with Structre tag elements but not the events.

So I was able to link "IO Field" or "Status Display" objects ( "Output value" and "Index" properties resp.)on the faceplate with Structure tag elements but not the Button as there is no property of the button I could identify to link with.

The help manual does not talk about linking Button.

Is there any solution aroud using C scripts or something (may be using function GetLinkedVariable)

Hope I am clear !! Any insight or examples will be highly appreciated.

I wonder why people don't answer my queries !! Is that my username??

All I asked is a simple question that what is a best practice for creating pop-ups/ faceplates in WinCC ........that's all.

I am still exploring the options & I am glad to know that WinCC provides lots of options.. like VBA, VBS and C scripting and those Dynamic Wizards...just confused what to use.

Just kidding.

isnt there any answer to lucifer? i have same problem...
huh.gif

Oh....hi there.

So what's your problem? People don't answer your queries or is it WinCC? (JK....this is a great forum and I have immensely benifited from it)

Regarding Picture Module Technology, it is possible to link buttons.
But I would suggest the better way of pop-ups in WinCC is use TagPrefix property in association with Structure tags. It really makes life easy.

Well, please elaborate your query and I will be happy to answer.

Last edited:
i guess wincc is hard a little bit when it comes to faceplates i have same problem i am trying to create a smiple faceplate all i want to know how to link it to any tag i have got i cant link face plate to my tags i dont know what i am missing and why is it that hard i am using graphic designer and latter on i need to make a script on that faceplate but i cant have it running i dont know why is it that hard please help me loool