Reg: RSLinx

natcheappan

Hi Everybody,

i had RSlinx version 2.2 and now i tried to install RSlinx version 2.41 without uninstalling the older version. the system gave a message "a older version of RSlinx is already present".
so i tried to unistall RSLinx 2.2, the system done the uninstallation and gave a message: "uninstallation completed successfully, but you have to remove few components manually".

what were the files and locations i have to remove?

can anybody suggest a solution for this, because without removing it the system didnt accept installation of RSLinx 2.41.

regards
N.Natcheappan:cry:

I cannot help you with RSLinx but this is one of my great annoyances with industrial software. The darned installation program should take care of this automatically!
Although AB software leaves things running and this may contribute to your problem. I run AB software in a virtual box - shut down the VB and shut down AB software.
The other annoyance with industrial software is most (all?) brands leave the registery full of garbage. I always run Registery Mecahanic to clean the registery out when either installing or uninstalling industrial software.

If you did not shut down RSLinx before you tried the uninstall you may still see the RSLinx icon on the task bar beside the clock at bottom right.

If by a remote chance it is there, right click on it to stop it, then try reloading the software,

Another remote option is go to control panel, then to add remove programs, and see if RSLinx is in the list of programs, if it is do an uninstall from there.

I know I may be grasping at straws, good luck.

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your responses.
i got this problem solved.
when anyboy face a similar situation, just go to the registry editor and delete all entries marked with RSLINX.

do these steps...

start - run - type regedit - search for RSLinx - delete one by one all the entries marked with RSlinx.

after finishing this we can install the new version of RSLinx. now you wont face any issues.

thanks
Nachi