Downloading to PLC causes Controlnet to fail 16#0812 (Logix)

I have a Logix 5000 system, r16.57, set up for redundancy, with a number of other Logix PLCs on a ControlNet network.

My problem is that often (not always) when I do a download, ControlNet fails with a 16#0812 - "Unknown" error. My only solution is to completely reschedule ControlNet - a process that takes several annoying minutes since it wants to scan all the way up to address 100, followed by manually keying 7 CPUs back into Remote Run.

What is error #0812?

What version of RSNetworx for controlnet are you using? I am running 9.0 and that error code is not listed.

You can reduce the scan of the network by limiting the network size to 1 more than your highest node address (If you have a 07 address, you limit the network to 08, or maybe 09). You want to leave a little more for unscheduled network connections (which is what your rsnetworx for control net is doing). You do this in the ->Network->Properties dialog box from the top menu.

9.00.00 (cpr 9 sr 1)

Ah, I forgot about that max-unscheduled setting. That'll help a bit. Thanks.

Yeah, the error is displayed as Unknown in Logix itself, so it's definitely a goofy issue.

Incidently, Node 4 always gets skipped, since it (along with 5) was the old location of the redundant pair. Let me manually remove it. Maybe it's on the network tree because it WAS on the network tree last week.

It might be worthwhile for you to run clearkeeper - it is on the cd for network, under tools. You can only run it when your processes are stopped. Then just rebuild the whole network from scratch.