OT: Machine

theripley

Hi all.

Do you know any machine that can take out the molded transparent plastic without scratching the black one?

The transparent plastic is known to be grilamid.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_9476[1].jpg IMG_9477[1].jpg IMG_9478[1].jpg

Seems more like the black plastic needs to be taken out of the Grilamid mold?
Are either of them flexible? Otherwise I don't see how you can remove either one, without damaging at least one part.

If you need to fixate the black tube, you could insert something like an inflatable tube into the black tube?

How about making a fixture for an arbor press that holds the clear plastic with the black tube pointed up, securely holding the bottom of the clear part.

Then make a head for the arbor press that fits inside the black tube to hold it so it does not deform and a flange presses on the top of the tube and pushes the black part out of the clear part.

Before thinking about a machine to do the job, how do you do it manually? If you can't figure a way to do it manually then you will never get a machine to it.

Air pressure doesn't tend to scratch things but can be a bit weak, water pressure can move mountains.

Before thinking about a machine to do the job, how do you do it manually? If you can't figure a way to do it manually then you will never get a machine to it.

According to them, they do it through machining. However, they are complaining of damages on the black.

So as I said, can you 'blow' them out, air won't scratch. The clear plastic has grooves that would be easy to grip and hold a seal against the end.

Sorry for using this thread for something not related. But I am sick and tired of searching this homepage for a button or link with which I create a new posts. I already now how to reply to other posts. I have spent ten minutes now finding practically anything BUT that funciton.

So as I said, can you 'blow' them out, air won't scratch. The clear plastic has grooves that would be easy to grip and hold a seal against the end.

Grimalid cannot be blown out, it is non-flexible.

We are trying a cutter this time. I will keep y'all posted.

Is the transparent part brittle?
If so one might try 'scoring' the transparent part around the 'elbow'
then crack it apart and separate it.
Poet.

The obvious question isn't 'how to get the part out', it is 'why manufacture it like that in the first place?' Putting that much effort and material in to making something that you are just going to throw away is wasteful and bad for the environment. They really need to look earlier in the production process and find a better way.

During re-processing, they only need the black part. I think the black part is more expensive to produce that is why they wanted to re-process it.

As for the liquid nitrogen, it is worth a try. I will buy a liquid nitrogen & see if it will not affect the black.

By the way, I am attaching pictures after we use cutter in trying to separate the two. It makes major scratches, which is definitely not acceptable:(

IMG_9506[1].jpg IMG_9507[1].jpg IMG_9508[1].jpg