Soap Manufacturing Line Vision PLC Automation

Anup29

Dear Members,

I have one query in doing PLC program,
Application-
1. Soap Manufacturing Line
2. Soap width 70mm, Speed 180 Soaps/minute, gap between soap min 20mm
3.Omron PLC CP1E series, Omron FH series Vision system
4. We have to check from vision and reject from some rejection system, currently pusher type or air nozzle type,
5. Conveyor speed fixed, the soap comes in this fixed speed conveyor
Doubts:
1. What is best possible camera to rejection system distance we should keep
2. What could be best possible PLC logic Algorithm,

Dear Members , please guide

Regards
Anup

~ 3 soaps per second, so your scan time, camera processing and rejecter reaction time needs to be under this.

Use a shift register, then you can have the rejecter as far down as you want. Consider events such as 5 fails in a row etc when doing calculations.

Depends how you are recording the position of the conveyor, do you have an encoder giving a position or just pulse every xx mm?

In theory, it doesn't matter where the ejection system is as long as you know the position of the soap when you get the rejection signal and the distance to the reject actuator.

The logic is very simple and will be the least of your worries.

My camera scan time is around 200-250ms,

If i go by recording time, it will be good,
Or by encoder feedback, it will be good