Convert old 24AC pnematic solenoid valve to new 24DC solenoid valve with rectifier?

BrockSamson

I have an old piece of machinery that has a 24VAC pneumatic solenoid valve (5 port, 4 way, single with spring return and 1/2 inch inlets and outlets). I am in a hurry to get a replacement and cannot find a manufacturer that keeps them in stock.

Could I use a rectifier or converter to change the power from 24VAC to 24VDC so I can just buy a 24VDC pneumatic solenoid valve replacement?

I am new to this stuff this might be a stupid question.

Thanks CLEM. I have seen that one but the problem was finding one in VDC so I guess the only option would be using a relay to drive an addition 24VDC power supply to power that particular one.

interface relay will make sure you don't fry anything in case the new valve need more power than the old one...Take a look in the controls, maybe it is already a relay that drive it ?