Hi, Experts please i wish to do batch totalizing

Really? I found a bunch. Google "Micrologix HSC example"

OK then kindly help me with their links, coz the once i saw are not good enough to educate somebody on the applications of HSC.

I Saw how HSC was setup to read pulses. that is too basic to hold up to as a foundation.

Reading pulses is just about all there is to it. As previous posters mentioned, just count them until the number of pulses matches your preset amount, then stop running your batch. Reset the accumulator when you're ready to run another one.

Put in a little effort and show people what you've come up with on your own and you're likely to get more detailed assistance.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story" is over at MrPLC:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/...-help-me-elaborate-this-ladder-logic-project/

Quick summary: existing process, failed HMI, no HMI program, lots of flailing around.

danw, am documenting the systems as advice.

lots of flailing around.[/QUOTE]( it does not mean solution wont come) forums are meant to seek possible solutions, advice or update.
i believe you belong to many forums because you are a good solution seeker too.

questions are meant to be answered or ignored, if you got no contribution let it go.

Last edited:
please in the attached file below is a ladder logic diagram for high speed counter. i wish to understand the instruction need to create a preset for the accumulated value and after that present value has reached an output should be latched.

HSC counter.PNG

if you got no contribution let it go.
Most of the contributors here have full time day jobs (sometimes more than 'full time') and they volunteer their time and effort to the forum. Bing there myself, I really respect that.

My 'contribution' is letting them and others know what your situation actually is, so that they can determine whether or not they want to participate, because you haven't fully explained your situation here or at Control.com in the same detail as you have on MrPLC.

You're entitled to reverse engineer a process and its controls, but others should know that's what your approach is.

please in the attached file below is a ladder logic diagram for high speed counter. i wish to understand the instruction need to create a preset for the accumulated value and after that present value has reached an output should be latched.
Do you have any experience working in ladder logic? Not to be rude, but what you're asking for is very basic. Honestly, if you can't work this part out on your own then none of us will be able to help you short of writing the entire program for you. I would recommend taking some PLC courses- I think that's the only way you're going to complete your project.

For any given homework assignment or task at work, you must consider these instructions as the customers specifications.
1. read the specifications several times.
2. write down your understanding of what you read in a step by step fashion.
3. review what you wrote down and see if it makes since, modify if necessary.
4. step through your notes again this time, you are the one following the
instructions. In other words, you are the plc. Write down on paper the
events you are doing. For example, turn on hydraulic motor 1, write down
hydraulic motor 1 on. If a sensor is needed, write that down.
5. continue through the instructions. When you turn off the motor, mark a line
thru it.
6. go through your instructions with all the sensors, motor aux. contacts,
outputs documented. Modify if necessary.
7. repeat step 6 until no changes are made.
8. Try to group your data words into some organized fashion.
The more programs you write, the more organized you become
9. write the plc program using your notes.
10. install the program and leave in program mode if possible so you can to
debug your i/o
11. Question for you, when is a machine and plc the most dangerous and why?
When it’s first powered on – when power is first applied to a machine, you
don’t know how things are wired. When you energize the plc outputs, you
don’t know how things are wired. When the plc is put into run mode the
first time, it will do what you told it to do, NOT what you wanted it to do.
12. debug the program.
13. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!!
you may remember things today, but in 5 years and hundreds of programs
later, you won't remember, so DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.
14. MAINTENANCE is your best friend or your worst enemy.
if you work with them and find out what they can do, write the program
where they can trouble shoot the program. they will be able to fix the
problem and everyone will be happy.
BUT
if you write the program to where you are the only one who understands
what is going on, maintenance can't fix the issue, the machine is down,
production is down, management hears about it, your boss hears about it,
then you hear about it - rewrite the program or else.
you get calls all hours of the day and night.

this still holds true, a machine can cost a billion dollars, but it's not worth 10 cents if maintenance cannot trouble shoot the issue and fix the issue.

everyone has their own style of programming and you must develop your own way as well.

this is the best advice I can give anyone.
of others has more / better suggestions, feel free to post.

do your work and post what you have done.
we will comment on it and make suggestions.
regards,
james

You should be consulting with a systems integrator who can not only take your needs and design a system from them but also provide installation and maintenance. Please don't take this the wrong way but you are way out of your element. What you are asking for does not have a simple answer that can be understood by someone who simply is not familiar with automation systems.

The HSC is used to count pulses that happen faster than the PLC's scan rate. Bit zero of the accumulator will be true whenever the value in the accumulator is an even number. Thus your CTU instruction will increment every time you turn on input I:0/0 AND the HSC accumulator contains an even number.