Software activation - Rockwell Automation

Vilas Desai

I moved my old Master License for Rockwell Automation products to a new PC and successfully installed the Control Logix 5000 license. But i have problems in activating Factory Talk and SLC 500 and PLC 500 s/w. It just does not take the activation license.
I am trying to install version 20 of factory talk.
I appreciate any help

Best regards
Vilas Desai

You will need the new activation if you are trying to install v20 (or 21).
The old one will not work with v20 (good up to v19).

Hello Alan,
Good Morning and thanks for your quick reply. I installed RS Logix 5000 on Windows 7 Professional and tried to install RS FT View on the same computer. Hope this helps. Please ask more questions if you have. Best regards.

Dear BKOttaras
Sir, Thanks for your reply. Does it suggest that I need to purchase new licenses for FT View ME, and other rockwell s/w that are beyond version 20?
Please advise, Best regards Vilas Desai

That would be a question best answered by your Rockwell distributor. We don't know what your licenses/activations allow...

The new versions can't be activated by master Disk anymore, you need to install FT Activation. You don't need to buy new licenses but you will need to be current on your Rockwell support agreement.