Abb acs800 replace fan

Ok Im a little rusty. I know 1.44 is the fault code for the fan hour limit, but dont remember the significance of 16.12 and how I went about resetting it.

Sorry about delay, parameter 16.12 is not accessible on the keypad control, only goes to 16.11. I vaguely remember having to enter a pass code in order to do this. Supposedly it can be reset using drivewindow software which i believe we may still have. Will look into further.

Actually it depend your Firmware Manual User,

Inline,Crane,Fan Pump,Extruder,Traverse,IGBT all have their Firmware manual user.

The reset counter will different 16.11-16.12-16.09 base on Firmware manual.

i give you default ACS800 Standard Manual User,

the important thing your Manual User must keep at proper place

We have some ASC800 drives running on our plant. Some of them have recently gave Alarm Messages on the Control Panel which says: Replace Fan(4280)
I did replace the cooling fan with one from our spare drives.
My problem is the fact that Parameter 16.12 which is used to reset the cooling fan run time counter is not accessible on the control panel.
Is there any method to reset this counter either than using the PC Tool? Is there a pass key or anything that can enable me to view the Parameter 16.12 and 01.44 etc?

Why not give ABB Tech Service a call----800.752.0696 Option 1 and Option 1. Knowledgeable friendly people during business hours in Milwaukee WI and NO CHARGE!

SOLUTION

Okay so I made this account JUST to reply and solve this problem for everyone...
To reset the fan counter do as follows

Go to parameter 16-03
-enter 2303 as passcode
-press enter
-"..." Should appear for a brief moment
Go to parameter 145 (yes 145 now exists, before it only went to 99)
-go to sub-parameter 13 Titled "FAN ON-TIME"
-Press enter
-now you must hold the down arrow until you have brought the hours down to zero. This will take some time as it only decreases in increments of 10, my counter is at 50 000+
-once back to zero press enter. Problem solved, drive should run immediately if being called on to start

Go to parameter 16-03 again
-Press enter
-enter 358 as passcode
-press enter

Now you are done. ACT button out and let fly!

Hope this helps everyone reading this in the future

SOLUTION

Okay so I made this account JUST to reply and solve this problem for everyone...
To reset the fan counter do as follows

Go to parameter 16-03
-enter 2303 as passcode
-press enter
-"..." Should appear for a brief moment
Go to parameter 145 (yes 145 now exists, before it only went to 99)
-go to sub-parameter 13 Titled "FAN ON-TIME"
-Press enter
-now you must hold the down arrow until you have brought the hours down to zero. This will take some time as it only decreases in increments of 10, my counter is at 50 000+
-once back to zero press enter. Problem solved, drive should run immediately if being called on to start

Go to parameter 16-03 again
-Press enter
-enter 358 as passcode
-press enter

Now you are done. ACT button out and let fly!

Hope this helps everyone reading this in the future

That's awesome. Thanks for posting.

Interesting- does the VFD actually prevent the drive from starting when the fan run-hours reach a certain limit? Or does it just alarm?