AB DH485 pinouts?

timbo_uk

Hi again gurus :)

I need to bring a second PLC (SLC 5/03) under control of a Telemec XBTGT2220 HMI. The HMI is all ready connected to a Micrologix 1000 with DF1 protocol through the HMI comms port 1 (9 pin DIN).

There is a second port on the HMI marked RS485. This can be configured as DH485. I need to connect to the 5/03 via DH485. This can be done, but again wiring is the issue.

Schneider (Telemec) say I need cable XBTZ9732 and adaptor XBTZG939. But this combination is only 2m long, I need 20! Nobody will tell me the pinouts; I dont want to spend another £45 on this job just to find the connections!

The com2 socket on the HMI is just an RJ45 socket:
hmicom2.jpg

This is the socket info from Telemec. Anyone got the pinouts for the DH485 socket on the SLC 5/03?

Can I just use a standard cat5 cable?

I really dont want to blow any of the ports!

Has anyone done similar and made a note of the connections?

Heres Hoping :)

Thanks Mickey.
Looking at this it keeps mentioning the AIC unit. It also looks like the cable is just a straight through, so can anyone say if a cat5 cable will do the job direct without using any AIC's ?

Tim

Be careful!! There is 24VDC on the port of the SLC5/03. Take a look at the diagram of the cable again.

Ooops.
Tired now on the night shift; only 4 hours sleep last night (or yesterday, whatever it was!)

P1 COLOR FUNCTION P2

1 RED CH. B TX/RC 1 TOP
2 BLACK CH. A TX/RC 2
3 BROWN +24 VDC 3 **
4 WHITE SIGNAL GND 4
5 BLUE TX-EN 5
6 DRAIN EARTH GND 6 **
7 GREEN SIGNAL GND 7
8 ORANGE +24 VDC 8 BOTTOM

I cannot see how these relate to the telemec diagram.
Think I should leave it untill tommorow night. Brains hurting now o_O

Last edited: