Micro820 and PF525 Communications

toddp65

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of a project utilizing a A/B Micro 820 controlling a PF 525 with a PID loop.
In the process of trying to establish comms with the 525. All the start source and ref setting on the 525 are set to Ethernet and the IP is set to 192.168.1.2 whereas the plc is 192.168.1.1 with matching subnets. I cannot even locate the 525 on rslinx tree and there's no enet activity on the switch itself. I'm currently talking to the Micro820 and have a function block set up in the program defining the IP with parameters but still no go. help would be appreciated.

TIA

1. Set parameter C128 to 1 for parameters, default is 2 for BOOTP.
2. Assign IP Address to drive and Subnet Mask set to (normally 255.255.255.0)
3.Cycle drive power and verify Ethernet address is present.
4. Ping the I.P. If you can't ping it, Micro820 will never see it.

Then we can work at talking to the PLC.
Get comms. able to ping the drive from the PC first!

Last edited:
Boom--mentioning that parameter c128 set off an alarm (in my head). It was on 2--i set it to '1' and I'm talking....thanks for the response

Another issue, somewhat related: the drive needs to communicate two ways-- the first being enet IP for ref and enable and the 2nd a manual mode with speed pot and di for enable.
I know it's parameters 48 and 49 but how do the drive differentiate between the primary and secondary input?

I see those parameters--under terminal block, correct? They aren't making much sense to me in regards to addressing the issue of using the digi start and speed reference in lieu of the primary ethernet control

Leave start source 1 set to EthI/P = 5 and speed reference 1 to EthI/P = 15.

Set the Start source 2 and speed reference 2, P48 and P49, to dig termblock and drive pot respectively.

Then set P62 or 63 or 65 depending on what terminal your connected with your digital input to = spd + strt 2 (notice all the available choices you have for this digital input coming on.)

Give that a shot! Remember to have your yellow jumper installed between 1 and 11 as well as the safety circuit completed.

So I have those parameters and setting changed.
However when I short terminal 1 and 2 on the TB for the drive I don't get a response--it's as if it's awaiting the command from the primary ethernet settings. How do you allow it to differentiate between one of the other?

Thanks

You need to energize whichever terminal you assigned to the secondary start source as configured in P62, or whatever P** corresponds to the secondary digital input that you have wired.

Look at the manual's wiring section. It shows this is great detail. Look at page 37 in the 520-UM001G-EN. This shows how to wire it and even which parameters to look at as well.

I'm think it has something to do with the ethernet drive function block in the program. I have to ensure (maybe) there is no start command initiating via ethernet. Still trying to figure it out.

So I have those parameters and setting changed.
However when I short terminal 1 and 2 on the TB for the drive I don't get a response--it's as if it's awaiting the command from the primary ethernet settings. How do you allow it to differentiate between one of the other?

Thanks

Perhaps.. But this statement "I shorted terminal 1 and 2" makes me suspect a little that the wiring (could be) wrong. Is 1 still jumped to 11? Or in some way being made?

What digital input do you have wired to initiate the "start source 2" and the "speed Reference 2"?

Are you using 24VDC from the drive terminal or external,,, is the DIGCOM terminal connected to 0VDC? DIGCOM is terminal #4

What is the value of parameter P46, P48, T062, T063, T065, T066.

Also, does the drive work correctly from the PLC commands. Start stop and speed ok???

I know I'm asking more questions than you now but usually its just some silly little thing that is overlooked with this setup. Its pretty straight forward.

1 still has the jumper from 11; shouldn't 1 connect to 2 via a dry set of contacts thru plc and/or external relay? when made 1 connects to 2.
hope that helps. It's been a while since i wired the tb on one of these

I'm hoping to use src which is the internal drive 24 so judging by the schematic it looks as if 11/1 make and breaks to input 2

Yes, that's good... That's what I was hoping you did... Just making sure you still had 24V on the #1 terminal.

Now what about the other stuff??