A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Wait a second

I've been doing panels and operator stations for some decades now (Siemens, Fix, Intouch, IGSS,..). What's important for the operator is to catch the status from a complex process picture quicly. Therfore I've never used 3D graphics, but kept to the teachers blackboard methods with simple polygons and lines. Made the static background less visible than the motor-,valve- and analog objects. An integrated alarm system with several priorities and filters is very important. A proper alarm system must read the alarm bits from the PLC objects and send acknowledge command back to the PLC. Blocking possibilities is also very important.
Sorry to say so guys, but my opinion is that these picture-like graphics pollute the information readability. The grapics are presumably also the least difficult part of such a system.

Another question is: why make a free system? We must collect the money where they are created: in the production factories.

Based on some feedback, some new controls have been added to the Advanced HMI project. You can now use it to build HMI's without the fancy graphics by using the "Basic" controls. There is also now an Alarm Grid that monitors bits to display alarms.

ScreenShotBasics.PNG

Thanks for adding the selectable red pilot light color also. I spent a day just trying to add my own.

Dave

Hmi

Here is a screen shot of one I am working onw ith a micrologix 1500 so far everything is working great thanks.
bh307test.JPG

Nice looking screen above.

How can I get a Pilot light or basic light to be invisible when it is off and visible when it is on ? I have very little experience with VB But usually can muddle through it when I have a project to do.
I tried setting the colors to transparent but that only works for 1 state change, after that it doesn't work again.
Thanks in advance
dave

odlaw said:
How can I get a Pilot light or basic light to be invisible when it is off and visible when it is on ?
The easiest way would be to add a line of code to the Value Property like this:

Code:
[size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]Set[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2]([/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]ByVal[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2] value [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]As[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]Boolean[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2])
[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]  If[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2] value <> m_Value [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]Then
[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2]	m_Value = value

[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]	Me[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2].Visible = value

[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]	Me[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2].Invalidate() 
[/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]  End[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]If
[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]End[/color][/size][/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff][size=2][color=#0000ff]Set

[/color][/size][/color][/size]

HMI Release 4 will not let me use a plc bit higher than 128.

Pilot light b3/127 is ok but not b3/128 and up.
Release 3 is ok
Dave

An observation
A single pilot light above b3/127 will work but if you add another at a lower address it will not.
Odlaw

odlaw said:
An observation
A single pilot light above b3/127 will work but if you add another at a lower address it will not.
Odlaw
I was unable to reproduce that problem, so I posted a new release (1.05) that has the code I am testing with.

Thanks for the feedback!

I have the same problem with 5.
The processor is a micrologix1100
The B3 file has 9 elements

I added a pilot light with an addy of b3/96 and a pilot light
with an addy of b3/130

I run the project and toggle the bits in the plc via ethernet/logix500
Nothing happens.
I stop the project and remove one of the pilot lights and all is well with the remaining light.

odlaw said:
I have the same problem with 5.
The processor is a micrologix1100
The B3 file has 9 elements

I added a pilot light with an addy of b3/96 and a pilot light
with an addy of b3/130

I run the project and toggle the bits in the plc via ethernet/logix500
Nothing happens.
I stop the project and remove one of the pilot lights and all is well with the remaining light.
While hunting for another bug, I may have found what is causing this. Open DF1Comm.vb and go to line 461 and remove the "+1" to make it like this:

Code:
[size=2]NumberToReadCalc = PolledAddressList(i + 1).ElementNumber - PolledAddressList(FirstElement).ElementNumber + PolledAddressList(i + 1).ElementsToRead

Let me know if that resolves the problem.
[/size]