Yaskawa MP2300Siec with MURR I/O

phuz

I'm trying to add a MURR I/O module to an existing MURR network. As you'd expect, the input/output sizes change when the new module comes online, but in the Yaskawa configuration, I can't see how to properly update it? You can remove/re-add the ethernet/ip adapters in the hardware configuration, and you can remove/re-add the input and output instances to change the size, but it doesn't change the size within MotionWorks. The size was initially 74, and I changed it to 76. The "IO_Configuration" in MotionWorks now shows 78 (it should be 76) but the Global Variables group for the IO module still shows the initial 74. See below:

What is the proper way to add a new IO module without blowing out the whole configuration and all your variables?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I think what you are seeing is normal. Not sure why the 2 bytes get added, but I don't think the heading name ever gets updated if a configuration change is made. I think it is a heading only and has nothing to do with the configuration. You can edit it. I am kind of guessing on this, but see if it works.

Ok that makes sense and I’m OK with that, BUT when I make the confit changes with the new module, the status remains “789” as opposed to “4096” like the other working modules show. No IO updates occur either on that IO network. The Murr page says No Ethernet/IP connectivity so it’s definitely not communicating. So much headache for adding a module.

Changing the input/output sizes to match the "new" sizes in the MURR status somehow break the link and it will no longer make an Ethernet/IP connection. All I/O on that particular MURR network (including the new module) is dead.

I finally found a Yaskawa document that shows the various status codes. 4096 (16#1000) is CONNECTED, but I already knew that. 789 (16#0315) shows this:

Invalid Segment Type or Segment Value in Path. An
unsupported instance may be requested from the adapter.

Since the instance numbers haven't changed, I don't know what this actually means.

I re-attempted everything this AM got made some progress. It actually got to 4096 status but would constantly cycle between 4096 and 3, which is Reconnect In Progress. After I removed the module and put the settings back, it stays at 4096 like it normally does. Why would it constantly be losing connection and re-connecting? I haven't touched the bus node at all.