Connecting Micrologix 1400 through Ethernet

akky

I have a Micrologix 1400 to which Ive assigned a specific IP address.
Now when I am trying to configure it in Rslinx, i cannot find it under Ethernet devices.
When i try to configure it under Ethernet IP, i find the device but I am unable to go online through that in RsLogix
i can ping as well as view the html page
Kindly help and revert if any info is missing.

As you can see, even though it shows the plc in EthernetIP, I cannot go online through it in Rslogix

remove the other driver w/ yellow question mark. unplug the cable to ML, then ping the address to verify that's only address.

Reconnect and retry

As you can see, even though it shows the plc in EthernetIP, I cannot go online through it in Rslogix

You need to change path to the new one.

In RsLogix go to "Communication" > "Who active". Navigate through the tree, select ML and click on "Set Path".

I hope I understood your question.

Saludos.

i find the device but I am unable to go online through that in RsLogix

aztk said:
You need to change path to the new one.

I think you are not setting up RSLogix

aztk is correct... after you setup RSLinx you can not just click go-online in RSLogix you must now a driver in RSLogix, click on COMMS then System Comms and find your driver that you setup in RSLinx and then click online, upload or download

There is something unusual going on in akky's system.

In general, being able to PING a MicroLogix and connect to its embedded webpage is a very good indication that the controller and the computer are physically and logically connected to the same IP network.

But getting an Unrecognized Device icon in the Ethernet Devices driver while getting the correct MicroLogix 1400 icon in the EtherNet/IP driver is not normal.

My first few tests would be:

1. Physically disconnect the MicroLogix and re-try PING and HTTP to verify that there is no IP address conflict.

2. With the MicroLogix still disconnected, click on the drivers in RSLinx/RSWho and let them autobrowse, and verify that both the Ethernet Devices and Ethernet/IP drivers show a red X over the icon after 10-30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the MicroLogix to the network, and verify that both drivers successfully browse it and show their icons again.

4. Collect the firmware revisions (from the webpage of the MicroLogix) and the software revisions of RSLinx and RSLogix.

Carefully collect and post any error messages that you get during the RSLogix 500 "go online" or "who active go online" process.

There is something unusual going on in akky's system.

In general, being able to PING a MicroLogix and connect to its embedded webpage is a very good indication that the controller and the computer are physically and logically connected to the same IP network.

But getting an Unrecognized Device icon in the Ethernet Devices driver while getting the correct MicroLogix 1400 icon in the EtherNet/IP driver is not normal.

My first few tests would be:

1. Physically disconnect the MicroLogix and re-try PING and HTTP to verify that there is no IP address conflict.

2. With the MicroLogix still disconnected, click on the drivers in RSLinx/RSWho and let them autobrowse, and verify that both the Ethernet Devices and Ethernet/IP drivers show a red X over the icon after 10-30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the MicroLogix to the network, and verify that both drivers successfully browse it and show their icons again.

4. Collect the firmware revisions (from the webpage of the MicroLogix) and the software revisions of RSLinx and RSLogix.

Carefully collect and post any error messages that you get during the RSLogix 500 "go online" or "who active go online" process.

Hey Ken,
I checked and there is no IP address conflict. Also I tried to change the path in Who active but it showed as follows in the screenshot:

Screenshot (145).png Screenshot (146).png

Also, when i checked the event logs in RsLinx, it shows that the connection is being refused by both EthernetIP and CSPv4. I have attached another Screen shot of the same.

Screenshot (147).png