OT: Here we go again....

Hold on tight Scott.... but let go if the water is rising :)

Where did you move to and from ?

relocated to the Columbus, Ga area in January from a small town in western PA... New Castle.

So far, I love the winters here, but hate the summers... way too much humidity. We'll see if the hurricane weather lowers the humidity to tolerable.

We'll see if the hurricane weather lowers the humidity to tolerable.

forget it ... it doesn't work that way ... hurricanes breed and grow from warm moist air ... they make the humidity worse ...

note: here in Charleston some of our friends are reporting that gas stations are running out of gas - and some supermarket shelves are running out of Campbell's soup ... not sure how much of that is a result of Harvey - or Irma - but it's scary either way ...

scott.lawrence,
New Castle High School... Home of the Hurricanes. How ironic?!? Born & raised in the Mahoning Valley, so I'm well acquainted with where you came from.

In all seriousness, I'm praying that Irma steers well clear of the mainland and is nothing more than a short term memory.

...way too much humidity. ...

Well I moved here from California about 20 years ago, just keep telling yourself this one thing.... it only gets humid once a year.

The bad part is its usually around March or April and stays until November :)

Love it when I go out fishing and I see steam rising off the water o_O

Yea this ones going to be very bad.
My house flooded this time last year from Hermine, it was a Cat 1 and stayed 80 miles off shore.

If Irma comes up the West the side of Florida as a Cat 4.....forget it, I will have lost it all.

Still at sea right now but will be at the dock in Seattle Thursday moring.
I have a Redeye out of Seatac to Tampa Thrusday night.

Uhaul truck already reserved and material to board up the houses and try to hold back the water waiting for my arrival.

Already have lots of gas, food, water (and ammo) but wife is stocking more and more each day.

I don't want to wish this on anyone else but I hope it picks the East coast of Florida and not the West. :D

Anyone who will be in the path of this thing.....good luck to you and God speed, hopefully we all come out the other side unscathed.

For the guy from Georgia....you will likely be fine, you are plenty far inland where you are located.....I am sending my wife and kids to Valdosta to stay with relatives once we get the furniture moved out of the house.

BCS

For the guy from Georgia....you will likely be fine, you are plenty far inland where you are located....

Hugo did a lot of wind damage inland, I dont think we will get the water like Texas because is moving but falling trees can be bad

Charles and Ron, if you guys need a place to park your stuff, I have a LOT of parking room (100+ acres) , not much room to sleep but I are welcome to park anything here, im remodeling my house so two of the beds are taken by construction.

I appreciate the offer Mark,

Will be lucky to have the wife and kids make it Valdosta in time though.

By the time we get everything done and packed up and get them on the road....the storm will be nipping at their backside.

And you are right there will be wind inland, but nothing like we will experience along the coast.

Still holding out a glimmer of hope this thing will turn north and stay in the Atlantic or keep moving west toward the Texas / Mexico Boarder.....but it is highly unlikely either will happen. This will more than likely be a Florida storm that will go down in the history books with the likes of Andrew and Katrina.

I will be happy to eat my hat if I am wrong.....would put mustard on it and swear it is the best meal I ever had.

Stay safe out there everyone.

BCS

note: here in Charleston some of our friends are reporting that gas stations are running out of gas - and some supermarket shelves are running out of Campbell's soup ... not sure how much of that is a result of Harvey - or Irma - but it's scary either way ...

I'm in Statesboro, 50 miles inland from Savannah and everyone around here that has been through one of these things is prepping up. Lots of stations in Statesboro yesterday were already running out of gas, grocery stores short on or out of water and other staples.

Some of us still have debris left from Mathew last year.

My worst issue is I'm scheduled to fly out Monday morning for a month at a USAF site in ND. That may get postponed, I can't leave the wife to deal with the aftermath if this gets bad.

If it hits like it is now, it will make Hugo look like a stiff breeze. Time to get out of Florida though, one path takes it just about due north from the keys on up.

I saw that also, the latest models have it riding up east of Florida.... that would be a lot better then riding up west of Florida

We have been looking to buy a home on Oak Island NC..... they may be a lot cheaper after this one

Texas: We just had the worst hurricane in recorded history

Florida: Hold my beer!!!!!!

In all seriousness, my parents live in St.Pete, along with both my brothers. The house will be safe, but if they get a significant impact they will likely lose power for a while.

Lets all hope this storm makes a sudden right turn and heads for England.

I saw that also, the latest models have it riding up east of Florida.... that would be a lot better then riding up west of Florida

With as large as it is, and the wind velocity, it's not going to make a difference which side of the state it's on.

NOAA currently shows it going thru the central of the state, as of 5 am today.

So pick your poison, west for the NE or from the SW. At CAT III strength with hurricane force winds 50 to 75 miles from the center, no where in Florida is safe.