B&R CP474 Upload

MikeV94

Hello Guys

I have a new task in the job. I have to upload the code from a B&R CP474, but for what i was reading in the forum it isn´t an easy task.
I don´t have neither the source code nor the pg2000 software. It´s possible?.

Thanks for reading the post

Mike

Short answer is, not likely.

I have not personally worked with the pg2000 stuff, but have read multiple times that you cannot upload the program from a B&R plc to your pc.

The newer PLCs allow for storing the source code on the plc but is not enabled by default.

Your best bet is to contact the programmer and ask for a copy of the program. Then somehow get a hold of the pg2000 software.

Hello there, I am very new to B&R. My biggest concern so far is that why it takes forever for automation studio to compile? I am using a trial version and If i have a program with even a single line of code it takes forever to build configuration. I do have a power panel though. When my project has only a VC component, it builds configuration in few seconds....I am confused to what I'm doing wrong to have such a long build configuration time>>> PLEASE GUIDE ME!!

Hello there, I am very new to B&R. My biggest concern so far is that why it takes forever for automation studio to compile? I am using a trial version and If i have a program with even a single line of code it takes forever to build configuration. I do have a power panel though. When my project has only a VC component, it builds configuration in few seconds....I am confused to what I'm doing wrong to have such a long build configuration time>>> PLEASE GUIDE ME!!

Forever is relative.

Compile times depend on pc performance and project size. Maybe look at your task manager to see if anything is holding up your pc during the compile.

I have a fairly large project that compiles in just under a minute on an Intel i5-4200M 2.5Ghz with 8gig of RAM.

I have i7 with 16 gigs of RAM. I have only an empty program with just a default visualization and it seems to get stuck at this point:

Compiling C:/BrAutomation/AS43/AS/GnuInst/V4.1.2/i386-elf/include/bur/_bur_pvdef.st .

With no Program object at all it takes few seconds but as soon as i add a program object it takes forever to build configuration. Actually i got a Power Panel 65 few days ago and i wanted to check if it works. It seems to work fine with a VC component but as soon as I add a Program object (without even a single line of code) Build configuration gets stucked. If you suggest, I can share my program code with you or any snapshot.
thanks a bunch for your kind help

Last edited:
Also I am using Evaluation license of AS 4.3.3 on windows 10 Home 64 bit....I doubt if that has to do with it.

Have you tried doing a “Rebuild All” under the project menu?
You can send me your zipped project and I can look when I get time tomorrow.
Not sure if I will be able to see anything. You can always call their tech support. It’s free and they are very helpful. It will help if you have an internet connection on the pc because most likely the tech agent will want to do a “GoToMeeting” session where both of you will look through the issue.