AB 525 VFD Wont connect on windows 10 pro

dinetech

I use to connect USB to config a 525 VFD:smas: and now with windows 10 I can't anymore why?
desktop which is windows 7 connects right away... but I can't set parameters with it.
CCW on win10 also can't connect, but that's not the problem win10 the issue I think?

I doubt CCW is compatible w/Windows 10 yet. I'd assume that is the issue, of course you should verify.

Just figured this out.

I know this is an old thread but I ended up here and probably so do others.If this has been answered somewhere else I guess this is redundant but oh well here it goes. Ok so on a Windows 7 machine when you plug into a 523/525 with a usb, a file pops up labeled PF52XUSB.EXE. What I did is use an older machine hook up to a 523 and copy that file to a usb stick. Then in my Windows 10 machine I right clicked on it and ran Troubleshoot Compatibility, then the option Use recommended settings for Windows XP mode. Save the settings and so now when I hook up to a 523/525 with my Windows 10 machine I click on the file I saved and it automatically runs that little .EXE in Windows XP mode. I will also note that with the Windows 10 machine nothing pops up now at all when you plug into the drive you just click on the PF52XUSB.EXE file that you altered earlier and then it connects to the drive.

Last edited:
I know it's an old thread, but I want to thank you for publishing the solution, because the same thing happened to me and I was going crazy looking and thanks to you it asks to solve.