Studio 5000 32.01.00 Add IO Module

I am trying to add a 5069-IB16 I/O Module to a 5069 Backplane.
I right click on the Backplane and select "New Module..."
"5069-IB16" does not appear in the list.

The only items appearing in the list are as follows:
5069-ARM
5069-IA16
5069-OA16
5069-OB8
5069-OW16
5069-SERIAL

The "EDS Hardware Installation Tool" shows that the 5069-IB16 is in the device database.

I don't know how to add items to the list in the New Module dialog

New Module.png

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

That's definitely a malfunction during the Module Profile installation. There are 17 modules listed in my installation of v31, and the filters would just make it say "x of 17".

I think a full uninstall/reinstall might be the best approach.

Did you uninstall it before you re-installed it? Sometimes if you don't do a full uninstall, when you re-install the install software will see register files and skip installing them which can lead to a database that's incorrect or corrupted.

I had a similar issue with a different IO module. I had to install the AOP for discrete modules. See Technote 1023408.

I had a similar issue with a different IO module. I had to install the AOP for discrete modules. See Technote 1023408.

I saw that one as well but it doesn't cover the module that isn't showing plus the one that isn't showing is part of the original offering (I believe) so it should be in all versions of Studio that support the 5069 processors. Normally I'd say "it can't hurt to try (installing the AOP referenced in the article) however part of the process is completely uninstalling all installed versions of RSLogix/Studio 5000 and in most cases that kinda does hurt and you run the risk of spending significantly more time fixing something that isn't related to the issue (I.E. reinstalling 20 versions of RSLogix/Studio 5000).
All of that said, it might be time to "clean up" the installed versions of Rockwell Software (do you really need RSLogix 5000 v.13?) so maybe it makes sense to start with that.

Ken [B said:
Roach]...That's definitely a malfunction during the Module Profile installation...I think a full uninstall/reinstall might be the best approach.

dwrightrobogistics said:
I already tried reinstalling today. I will try to acquire the installer from another source.

Another source, yes, or...

If you had installed Studio 5000 v32 using downloaded media then might I suggest you download a fresh copy? If you had used the "Manage Download" option, then I'd suggest to try the "Direct Download" option instead?

This would not be the first case of "malfunction" I've seen regarding the installation of stock module profiles. With so many of us using downloaded media these days, I've come across a couple of cases where certain files/folders were actually missing from the download.

If I were near software I would locate the module profile package, for which I'm sure there is, for the 5069 Digital I/O, inside my v32 downloaded media, and then provide you the path to look for the same files in your copy of the media. I know I've done this here before on the Forum and it turned out that certain files/folders were missing. The Forum member downloaded the media again and this time it was complete upon installation.

It might or might not sort your issue out. It's just something else to try, and somewhat simpler than getting into uninstalling/reinstalling various other components of Rockwell software.

Regards,
George

I removed all Rockwell software and reinstalled and the problem remains.

I used the same downloaded copy to install into a Windows 10 virtual machine and I have a much longer list of I/O modules including the IB16.