1756-L61 (F/W 1.4) Issue

jamesnie

I'm pretty inexperienced with Logix5000 stuff so im having trouble trying to get this to even power up properly.

When i stick the 1756-L61 into the rack and power on, I get the OK LED on SOLID red, and have no communications with it whatsover. I cant even comm with it to update the firmware.

Tried:
Blank CF Card.
RS232 Comm lead.
USB UIC-232 adapter
ControlFLASH
EtherNET/IP in rack.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Unfortunately, this is what i was thinking.

It's something we have sold and was just to be tested before sending it, we had another one in stock and it does exactly the same thing :(

Thanks guys!

we had another one in stock and it does exactly the same thing

(1) You've got a damaged backplane or network module that's causing the controller to hard-fault. Try putting the CPU into a different chassis, or bring it to your local Rockwell distributor to test in one of their demos.

(2) You somehow managed to buy two controllers that were defective out of the box.

(3) Somebody is buying defective controllers on the gray market and putting them into your stock.

Thanks guys, our stock usually consists of stuff from shut down factory auctions, but i have no idea where it came from really. We've decided to just buy a new one.

Also: None of them were seen in RSLinx, and the backplane is good as it has a Logix5555 in there which runs perfectly, but all is sorted now anyway.

did the new one work?

I will update when we get it. not even sure if its been ordered yet, i dont personally deal with the purchasing dept. But if it has the same issue, ill assume its me doing something wrong and ill be back to pick brains. (for knowledge, not because im a zombie):ROFLMAO:

Hmm are you sure your cable is not bad ive haf many cables go bad and make sure you are plugged into the correct comm that it is configured for