Siemens 505 to Siemens S7

Rob S.

I may have the responsibility of migrating a Siemens 505 to a Siemens S7 . What is the Siemens 505 ? Is it from the old Texas Instrument days ? Is the code written much different ?
Instructions somewhat the same , or somewhat different ?

Thanks so much

Rob
How much I\o?
Can you post the 505 code?
Step7 does have a TI to S7 converter. It would be interesting
To see what would be converted

I have a interview with a company that needs this done , and I would just like to prepare myself a little . I have no idea what the code looks like. Kind of wish I did have the code before hand.

Thanks,

The 505 is the old TI 505. There really aren't a lot of similarities between the 505 and S7, except that they both wear a Siemens label... In the AB world, it would be analogous to converting an SLC5/01 or SLC5/02 to a ControlLogix L7x. The memory structure changes, the instructions change, ...

Quite often, when you're making this kind of leap, you're really better off just starting over. It gives you a chance to add new features, simplify coding, fix known issues, etc...