PLC-5/40c read throgh serial port in ML1400

Thanks a lot. I got the data in ML1400 through serial communication.

As of now i want to send data to PLC-5/40C throgh serially from ML1400. I setup an msg instruction as PLC5 Write in ML1400. But when i download unknown error(Error Code:e6) will came.

Screenshot is attached for the same.

From the Micrologix 1400 Instruction Set Reference:

Error code E6: PCCC Description: Illegal Address, address does not exist, or does not point to something usable by this command.

Make sure N101:0 exists in the PLC-5 and is not protected.

I agree that the N101:0 data file should be verified to exist in the PLC-5 and to be at least 5 elements in size. We can't see that for sure from other screenshots.

I want to emphasize that the logic you are showing will re-trigger that message multiple times, rather than just once per second.

The combination of the LIM and the Output Unlatch (OTU) of the Message control Enable bit create a self-retriggering MSG block for 190 milliseconds, rather than a MSG that executes once per second.

I am posting (below) a screenshot of your existing logic, annotated to illustrate why it functions that way.

This is NOT the method I recommend. My recommended method is shown on the last post of Page 1 of this thread (link).

ML1400_Repeat_Msg_Annotated.PNG