Old Toshiba PLC - UK support?

ToolGuyFred

I have a piece of kit controlled by a Toshiba M20 Prosec EX PLC. The PLC has an output permanently on so is currently unusable. I would like to back it up before it is repaired (or better still replaced). There is no hardcopy of the ladder listing.

I have what looks like the correct programming cable and software which should do the job. Unfortunately the software constantly whinges about the lack of a hardware key and has no useful functionality. I can't find the appropriate dongle anywhere.

I need to contact Toshiba to rent/borrow/buy the hardware key I need. I can't find anything remotely related to PLCs on Toshiba's UK web site - anyone got a contact name + number please?

I used to do a lot with Toshiba plc's and hated every moment.
And by the way, they are quite easy to repair.
You cant get the exact relays but you can get them the exact size and voltage but they are double pole so you need to cut a leg off to make them fit.

I did have a dongle but unfortunately I sold the cables/dongle/software etc a couple of years back.

However,you can still get around the dongle if several versions of the software exist (PDD.EXE)
On one version you could only write to the plc and another can only read from it (without dongle)

The toshiba site used to have several versions of ppd.exe, they may still have them. They were a free download.

The software is DOS based and doesnt like modern fast laptops. The connection keeps getting lost.

Hope this is of some help.

I had problem with a Tosh a couple of years ago. Park Electrical Services in West Bromwich have a guy who knows all about them (can't remember his name).

Update

AutomaticLeigh said:
I had problem with a Tosh a couple of years ago. Park Electrical Services in West Bromwich have a guy who knows all about them (can't remember his name).
Good information. Thanks for that.

I agree park electrical are the kiddies, other than that if you need a handheld programmer then i have one i can lend you, i think its for the ex series (will have to look as i have the memory of a goldfish!!)

I used it to get the program out of some polymer feeders to convert to S7's, fairly easy to use and i think i have the manual for it (again from memory!!)

Thanks Dave.

I already have an EX hand-held. If one of my predecessors hadn't lost the dongle, I'd be geared-up to use a PC with the M20. Will probably get PE to find me a contractor to get an upload and listing sorted. Will be cheaper than buying the software/dongle again...

Update and a word of caution

The information below is purely a statement of fact.

As a result of this posting, I was contacted by a guy called Steve Andrews trading under the name of Ecoskies. He told me he had a surplus dongle and we agreed a price of £100. I sent him a cheque just before Christmas. Since then his e-mails are bouncing and his company appears to have ceased trading. I still don't have a Toshiba dongle.

The cheque was cashed last week. Draw your own conclusions.

Sounds to me like you should get him in your sights... :) Maybe the receiver has it and you could buy it from them

OT.. is that you shooting, and where do you do it? It is impossible to find outdoor shooting club near me

ToolGuyFred said:
The information below is purely a statement of fact.

As a result of this posting, I was contacted by a guy called Steve Andrews trading under the name of Ecoskies. He told me he had a surplus dongle and we agreed a price of £100. I sent him a cheque just before Christmas. Since then his e-mails are bouncing and his company appears to have ceased trading. I still don't have a Toshiba dongle.

The cheque was cashed last week. Draw your own conclusions.

Where were they ? Never heard of Escockies ? Can you pay them a visit ?

504bloke said:
Where were they ? Never heard of Escockies ? Can you pay them a visit ?
They still have a web site:

http://www.ecoskies.com/

Phone is 0845 2301 101 (not operational)

one e-mail address bounces straight back, the other is being ignored.

Directions:
"If you are using SATNAV our postcode is S44 5HS. Unit 70, M1 Commerce Park, Markham Lane, Duckmanton."

It isn't the fact that someone's taken the money and run that bothers me. I understand that companies go broke and the receivers grab every penny they can, however immoraly. I just resent the fact that the guy doesn't have the testicular fortitude to contact me and tell me the situation.

Just for a change it wasn't A.N. and it wasn't the guy who just left. It was a mech-elec pointing the finger at the guy before the guy before the guy who just left...

Or something like that.:unsure: