AT commands from PLC

Hi everyone.
Can anyone help me on how to send AT commands through my Omron PLC?
What I have is a GSM modem connected to the built-in RS232 port of my CPU.
Or if you have documentation or an online source, please do refer, I could just read I would be fine with that.
Please help me.🤞🏻

welcome to the site
you need to specify which Omron PLC
there is a direct TX and Direct RX command in the CJ series

omron serial.JPG

Hi Ian!

Thank you for the response:)
I'm using CJ1M.
I've kinda figured out already that I'll be using TXD and RXD commands.
But what I was still confused about is how to input the commands in the PLC data memory.

For example for the sending command:

at+cmgs= "639161234567"<CR>TEST.<CtrlZ>

should I be converting each character (whether letter or number ) to its HEX equivalent?

I've read the manual for TXD and RXD instructions. I didn't understand how "@GL" would become 40534E.
40 would be for the @ sign but I'm not sure about the rest. :unsure:

Thank you again for helping me out. (y)All these stuffs are pretty new to me. I don't want to waste more time learning everything on my own. I have to ask help sometimes.

Give me a while and I will post some stuff for you. Have not done it for a while but think I have all the documentation here.

Yes!

I have figured it out.

There's a hex equivalent for each character. Just convert each one. But take note that TXD utilizes a certain pattern; you could have MOST SIGNIFICANT BYTE FIRST or LEAST SIGNIFICANT BYTE FIRST.

For those who would also like to know. Please view attachment.

But I appreciate your help Ian and Bob! :)

thanks much!

TXD.jpg

Last edited:
AT Commands from PLC

Hi, im using siemens S7-1200 and I have enfora GSM module, please help me how to send AT commands. Thanks

Dear Eemann,

Welcome to the forum. I would recommend posting a new thread, this one is 7 years old and is for a different PLC altogether.

You might also want to specify what PLC and CP/CM you have, as well as your GSM module.