Powerlogix 755 suddenly "StopAsserted"

vits

Hi all,

Im new member here & im also new in Powerlogix 755 (never learned before), seeing some posts related with my problem here, so im thinking that you guys can help me solving this problem.

I have a Powerlogix 755 that controls a fan (motor) in my Evaporator Condenser, this has been operating for about 3 years and today the fan is stopped suddenly & HMI alarms tells me that there is a frequency drive failure. Tried to reset (turn on the fan again) & watching the display on Powerlogix, it started accelerating & the ampere started to increase, until the ampere hits around 30-33A it stopped & appeared "Stop Asserted". I was thinking that the motor is overload but Im still in doubt

Can u guys please give me an advice ?
Any helps will be very helpful for me

PowerFlex 70/700/700H/DC/750-Series Drive: HIM Displays Stop Asserted
38476 | Date Created: 02/21/2007 | Last Updated: 01/10/2018
Access Level: Everyone

Question

What can cause a PowerFlex 70, 700, 700H, DC, or 750-series drive HIM to display Stop Asserted and how can this be prevented?
Environment

• 20A PowerFlex 70 drive
  • 20B PowerFlex 700 drive
  • 20C PowerFlex 700H drive
  • 20P PowerFlex DC drive
  • 20F PowerFlex 753 drive
  • 20G PowerFlex 755 drive
Answer

A PowerFlex 70, 700, 700H, DC, or 750-series drive HIM displays Stop Asserted when the drive is actively being given a stop command.
This often occurs, inadvertently, for one of the following two reasons:

• the drive I/O wiring does not match parameter configuration
  • a stop command is being sent over DPI or other communications network

PowerFlex 753/755

Check Parameter 919 [Stop Owner] to see which port is actively giving a stop command. If bit 0 [Digital In] is a value of 1 then the stop command is coming from the digital input on the main control board. Possible stop sources include optional I/O card digital inputs and/or port communications.
Digital Inputs:
Check the value of Parameter 158 [DI Stop], Parameter 159 [DI Cur Lmt Stop] and Parameter 160 [DI Coast Stop]. If any of them are set to an I/O card then check the corresponding bit value of Parameter 1 [Digital In Sts] in the I/O card to determine if voltage is present at the terminal. For a PowerFlex 753, if Parameter 158 [DI Stop], Parameter 159 [DI Cur Lmt Stop] or Parameter 160 [DI Coast Stop] are set to a digital input on the main control board (port 0) then check the corresponding bit value of Parameter 220 [Digital In Sts].
Note: If Parameter 150 [Run Lvl Cfg] is set to Run Level and the run command is absent, the drive will report Stop Asserted.
Port Communications:
If a bit for port 4,5,6 is a value of 1 in Parameter 919 [Stop Owner] and a communication card is installed then check the logic in the PLC code. If bit 0 is a value of 1 in the Logic Command word then the drive will report Stop Asserted. Disconnect the communication cable to see if the Stop Asserted message goes away.

(The PowerFlex 753/755 does have a Start Inhibits Parameter, but it does not have the bits that identify where the stop is coming from.)

As said, Stop Asserted just means it was TOLD to stop, it is NOT a trip. Something in your higher level control system is telling the drive to stop on purpose. Start there.

{It’s PowerFlex, not PowerLogix by the way}