CompactLogix DI/O Data Log w/ Timestamp

Snyd1

So all the rockwell examples I have been pointed to or found to log data in a compactlogix and write to SD in .csv format have been for controllogix. Unfortunately I only have the mid-range toolkit 🔨 Does anyone have some example code where they log discrete I/O to arrays with time stamps that will also save as csv to SD card local the the controller? Or able to point me to a decent resource? I am still leaning to a Redlion HMI for this project just because I think it will be simpler/cleaner give more options for future but would like to examine this option as well (plus just be nice to learn)

The system is using a L36ERM no OIT.

So all the rockwell examples I have been pointed to or found to log data in a compactlogix and write to SD in .csv format have been for controllogix. Unfortunately I only have the mid-range toolkit 🔨 Does anyone have some example code where they log discrete I/O to arrays with time stamps that will also save as csv to SD card local the the controller? Or able to point me to a decent resource? I am still leaning to a Redlion HMI for this project just because I think it will be simpler/cleaner give more options for future but would like to examine this option as well (plus just be nice to learn)

C-more with Automation Direct can log date, time, discrete i/o, numeric values, and I believe strings into a .csv and/or notepad file, either on SD card or flash drive.

If the data log is just a nice to have and has no impact on production, there would be nothing wrong about using a SCADA solution.

But if you need this data in you production setup, I would make an array in the PLC, use a pointer to write to the array and another pointer to read data, this is pretty flexible, make your array large enough for production and use SCADA to log history.

If you would like a sample file for the PLC array just let me know. 🍻

/Holm

Have you seen the example 'Log to CSV file on CompactFlash or SecureDigital' on the Rockwell Sample Code site?

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/sample-code/overview.page

Have uploaded it here on my OneDrive if you can't access it from Rockwell.