I need help with simple stepper motor code.

khaledgenidy

Question 1:
I am still new to this - I also might be asking for too much. - but i need help using Ladder Logic to run (rod style actuator motor) upward and downward with three push buttons [Upward - Backward & Stop]?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 2:
This will be moving a thermocouple to measure temperature in an oven.
The PLC card type is 1769.

Does that mean i have to buy the (1769-IT6) 6 channels to run this Thermocouple or can i just use it with an analog card?

Not sure about your first question.

For your second question: yes you will need to buy the 1769-IT6 (or another Thermocouple module)

A_G: Not sure about your first question.

basically i just needed help in some coding (Ladder Logic) for a stepper motor using 3 push buttons.

Button 1: to move forward
Button 2: to move backward
Stop button : to stop operation in both forward or backward

You need a couple of basic latching rungs for the two outputs. This is fundamental ladder.

Start Stop
+--| |--+---|/|---( Out )
| |
| Out |
+--| |--+

what is the processor model number? what is the brand of stepper motor and model numb

I have 1796 Digital output not sure if i should be using digital or analog

For the driver i am using 2 phase stepper motor driver st-m5045

For the motor i am using 400mm Travel Length Linear Stage Actuator DIY CNC Router Parts X Y Z Linear Rail Guide Sfu1605 Nema23 Stepper Motor By Beauty Star.

What i dont know also how to supply the driver with 5V pulse through the plc?
driver link as below.
I am not sure how to connect the Pulse/ Direction and ENA to it

https://www.selloutsoon.com/albums/documents/20-019-209/ST-M5045 Instruction manual.pdf

thanks for your consideration