FactoryTalk View SE Numeric Input Focus

zacslade

Hi All,

I am working on a project in FactoryTalk View SE, Release Number 8.10.00 (CPR 9 SR 7.4). My computer is running Windows 7 pro, latest updates.

==Observations:==
I have a docked window with two numeric inputs on it. (Let's call them numeric input A and B). Both inputs are configured with "continuously update" checked, and "discard input and resume updating when focus is lost" checked.

Both inputs also have "confirm numeric entry checked". (This issue only exists when I have confirmation dialogues configured.)

The numeric inputs are tied to tags in a PLC. The PLC has logic to reject "invalid" inputs, and immediately overwrite them with the most recent "valid" number.

==Problem:==
When I enter an invalid number into one of the numeric inputs (say input A), then press OK in the dialog, the invalid number remains in the box even though the PLC has overwritten it with a valid number. I note that input A has focus (the outline is solid, not dashed). I then click on input B. Now both inputs have solid outlines indicating they both have focus. In order to get input A to lose focus and update to show the latest data in the PLC, I have to click input B, then click input A again, and then click input B a second time. Alternatively, I can close and re-open the window.

Can anyone else reproduce this issue and confirm that it's not just my computer? Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround? If possible, I would prefer to avoid using VBA at all on this HMI.

Thanks in advance!

That is SE's typical behavior. Numeric entries just plain suck.
I had to write my own keypad in VBA just to get around SE's stupidity.

FTView - Just say no.