Cost effective HMI

damica1

Hello, I'm in the Oil & Gas Industry and we are always on the look out for new products that can save us money.

I stumbled on these about a month ago and the price was very appealing so I thought I would give one a try.

I am amazed at the functionality of this unit and the drivers they have for all the different PLC's.

Programming is simple and straight forward.

I'm posting this just because other people on this forum may need a cost effective HMI. (Only $110.00 USD) for the 4.3" unit

InjPid Controller.jpg

Probably many of these copy cat outfit in China. For personal hobby, it's one thing but I would be a bit wary about using it if your employer is the on paying the bill.

Wow, that's stupid cheap. Might be useful where budget constraints would otherwise dictate some indicator lights. I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for sharing.

Nice and there's lots for resources on youtube. I will give one a try in a couple of weeks. I wonder if there are local (Canadian) suppliers.

I hope that people understand that HMI is first impression that customer has about final product. This HMI has cheap plastic, bad contrast and elements that look like it was made with some Win95 program. So you can put inside the most expensive PLC and servo drive, and your client will say that you used cheap china products.
It is from my experience - I've used them few times. On other side I can say that will work for more than two years.

Cheap is cheap. Looking cheap is OK, I have very very simple applications where I would love to have someway for technicians to change or view parameters without having to plug into a PLC. I would even put it inside the panel if I could. But lasting only few years is unacceptable no matter how cheap. Will still give it a try just to see it in my hands.