Effect of online change of K to J-Type thermocouple in 1769-L35E

IdealDan

Hi Friends,

A quick one please.
Can online changing of Thermocouple Type K to J (configuration change in 1769 IT6/A module) fault compactLogix 1769-L35E Processor.

I don't believe that it should cause a fault, I'm not 100% positive though. I would think that if it would definitely cause a fault, they would have it greyed out while online.

I'm Considering it, as we temporally replaced a K-Type with J-Type pending when ordered K-Type will arrive.

I'm sure that you know this already, but be sure and change all of the wiring too. The thermocouple extension wire from thermocouple element to the analog input must be the same type as the thermocouple element. Otherwise errors can arise if the temperature of the screw terminal on the AI module is differerent than the temperature where the element connects to the extension wire.

I'm sure that you know this already, but be sure and change all of the wiring too. The thermocouple extension wire from thermocouple element to the analog input must be the same type as the thermocouple element. Otherwise errors can arise if the temperature of the screw terminal on the AI module is differerent than the temperature where the element connects to the extension wire.
Yes bro, you are correct.
We decided to wait for the K-Type since it's already procured.

I also observed that a Temperature reading on the HMI (Panel View Plus) is not corresponding with what is displayed on the SCADA (VijeoCitect), difference of about 5 degree Celsius.
WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS PLEASE?

Thanks in advance.

Yes bro, you are correct.
We decided to wait for the K-Type since it's already procured.

I also observed that a Temperature reading on the HMI (Panel View Plus) is not corresponding with what is displayed on the SCADA (VijeoCitect), difference of about 5 degree Celsius.
WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS PLEASE?

Thanks in advance.