Omron CJ2M communicating to Yaskawa Drive via Ethernet

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I am trying to see if I can connect an Omron CJ2M-CPU32 PLC to a A1000 Yaskawa drive. My Yaskawa sales rep says yes with the addition of an Ethernet card. My problem is I am not finding much information on which program(s) to use. I found some video's showing it done using Studio 5000 (which I don't have) but I do not know which Omron software to use to set up the network.
Has anyone ever done this and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply and link gclshortt, but that's a little over my head at this point.
From researching and watching some video's, I was able to use RSlinx 500 to see the Yaskawa drive, but not recognize it. I also could ping the drive from my PC via an Ethernet switch.
Maybe some simple question might help me get started.

- What Omron software do I use?
- Is there something similar to RXlinx for Omron that I need to use (CX-Navigator)?
- Do I need to use an EDS file from Yaskawa?
- If I do need an EDS file where am I using it?

I've only been using Omron for a few months now and still learning. I just saw CX-Drive software but that seems only usable with Omron Inverters

Stumbling on through this here's where I am at. (update for anyone who may be in the same situation)
I found the program "Network Configurator" within the CX-one package. Using this I have been able to create a network with my CJ2M PLC and an A1000 drive. The only information regarding setting up the network to communicate references Rockwell software.
Yaskawa's Tag generator program also only references Rockwell software.
So at this time I have my tags setup in the PLC but when I try to setup tags in the drive I get the error "Setup possible parameters not exist"

Any assistance appreciated, I'll update if I figure this out.

Network_Configurator.PNG

Thanks for the link Tarik1978, but that didn't help me.

I have finally figured it out and now it is done, it really was fairly easy. Seems like there would be better documentation for how to do it.

- Basically set up Network configurator similar to the picture above.
- Double click on the PLC to set up your Tags in the PLC to match the desired
values from the Yaskawa drive to monitor/change. Note, here I labeled my PLC
tags with a name and when downloaded to the PLC it didn't like it. So I used
the D memory location and worked fine.
- OK out of the tag edited then right click the PLC, go to parameter, then select download

Attached picture is of the setup for the tags and values I wanted to view/change.

Hope this helps someone else.

Network_Configurator.PNG