Any JSR-like instruction on Step7/TIA to call in blocks

IdealDan

Hi All
In RSLogix is always a JSR to call in all Programm Routines into the main Program.
HOW IS SAME DONE IN SIMATIC MANAGER and TIA Portal to call in blocks?

When you have made an FB or FC, it will appear in the list of instructions and in the project tree.
Start an empty rung, and drag-and-drop the FB or FC in question into the rung.

Pretty much any block (OB/FB/FC) can call any FB or FC. It's very flexible.

OB's are organization blocks and are called in certain situations.

OB1 is always running and can be interrupted by any other OB (something like the MCP of RSLogix5). Usually your code branches out from it.

I would suggest you to read up on how Siemens PLC's should be structured before worrying on how to call a function.

OB's are organization blocks and are called in certain situations.

OB1 is always running and can be interrupted by any other OB (something like the MCP of RSLogix5). Usually your code branches out from it.

I would suggest you to read up on how Siemens PLC's should be structured before worrying on how to call a function.
Thanks bro!

Completely OT.

I used to love the old Step 7 software, but we migrated to TIA when v12 was released, for obvious reasons.

For the past 3 years, with a new employer, I spend >95% of my time with Studio 5000, to go back is quite painful indeed.