Getting Kilowatts For A Fan

B Fix

All, I am working with a 1336 Plus II drive and have set up the drive on devicenet. I am suppose to get the Kilowatts for that the drive is using. How do I accomplish this? I'm not sure which parameter to send back to the PLC so that I may calculate kilowatts.

I have never installed devicenet with a 1336 Plus, but with powerflex. In any case use datalinks and configure your drive, so that you can get KW data in your plc. I guess you use 20-comm-d board for devicenet, pease take a look at the example on the manual and you will see how easy is to configure datalinks. Look for KW data in your drive parameter and this parameter has to be one of your datalinks.

Parameter 23 on the 1336 Plus II drive is Output Kilowatts.

It's scaled in internal units where 4096 = Rated Kilowatts for the drive. You'll have to do some math on the value to account for the efficiency of the drive and the scaling of the value.

What model of controller are you using ? It may be easier to perform a MSG instruction than to change the I/O map to add a DataLink to your configuration.

Thanks for the help. I was thinking of using parameter 23, but wasn't sure what I was getting when I had that one being brought back to the PLC. Looking at the parameters when the drive was running at 10% (6 Hz in this case) parameter 23 was reading 1.47 KW, and my datalink into my PLC was reading bouncing around 24-28 range, not sure how 1.47 KW is becoming 24-28 in my PLC, and what numbers I use to get this 24-28 number into the 1.47 KW again. The rated KW of the drive according to parameter 171 is 261 KW. I'm using a Logix5000 controller for this as well.

1.47/261= .00563

.00563*4096= 23.06

So to get KW

Raw counts * ( 261/Raw Counts)= KW

4096*(261/4096)= 261KW

24*(261/4096)= 1.529KW

The scale of 0 to 4096 "drive units" equals 0 to Rated Kw.

4095 / 261 = x / 1.47

x= 23.06

I'd just use a Compute instruction in ControlLogix to convert drive units to kW.