Vijeo Runtime Error with AB PLCs

peteman00

Okay so I've been struggling with this problem for a while now and I cant seem to figure out a cause of it.

I use Vijeo Designer to run a troubleshoot screen for my plant's assembly lines. It talks to the many Allen Bradley PLCs we have to display information and to toggle bits and such.

We have some PLCs that seem to lose communication after a few minutes and Vijeo wont display the correct info for those PLCs.

I get an error on Vijeo that says "Fail to receive on a socket. (PLC3A)" for example. Once I get this error, I don't have comms.

There are 39 PLCs that this Vijeo project talks to and its the newest 4 PLCs that have this issue.

All the PLCs are the same type. (1756-L73 ControlLogix 5573) with version 20.12. They all have 1756-EN2T ethernet modules with various revisions, mostly 5.001. The ones having the problems are similar to ones that work.

I added some screenshots to explain what I am seeing.

Errors.PNG Screen.PNG Single Error.PNG Triangles.PNG

this seems to be a limit on comms? how many plc's does this screen have to communicate with? By the look of things it is a lot. There are limits to what a hmi can do at once

PLC1 and PLC1A have the same IP address in your pic

Yeah, that is going to be a future PLC split. Because we are adding so many tools and logic for failsafes, the plcs have gotten too big. So we have a few of them split to make them smaller and less cluttered.

Someone managed to fix this problem? I am communicating with only 1 PLC via Modbus and I have the same problem. Therefore, I do not see that it is a problem of number of PLCs or a limit of number of communications.