compactlogix version

iggy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been asked to help out for an emergency on a machine that I have no information what so ever. My question is they know it has a compactlogix that is all, without knowing the model number how can I figure out what version the controller is. I have no idea if they have a program I can have to try and open or if i will have to upload it. Sorry for the little information any help appreciated.

can either you - or they - "see" the controller/processor in RSLinx? ...

if RSLinx can "see" the controller/processor then right-click on it - and select "Properties" ... that should show you the Revision number of RSLogix/Studio 5000 that you'll need ...

you might also try having them do a Windows search of their computers for any files which have an extension of .ACD ...

If the controller has Ethernet you/they may be able to go to the embedded webpage by using its IP address in a web browser. That may provide the firmware revision.