Rockwell/Controllogix In-Chassis OPC UA Server

pegla00

Hi All,

Has anybody had any experience with this module - Softing OPC UA Server Controllogix module (setup, operation, etc.)?

For this new project I would rather have hardware based OPC UA server.

Thank you.

We've used them a few times. I didn't get a chance to use it myself, but from what I was told, setup and operation was pretty straightforward.

OG

I've not used that specific module, but I've used their in-chassis SQL bridge module and found it to be very straightforward and user friendly.

Hi All,

Has anybody had any experience with this module - Softing OPC UA Server Controllogix module (setup, operation, etc.)?

For this new project I would rather have hardware based OPC UA server.

Thank you.

I know this product very well and I can recommend it.

Last edited:
Code:
I know this product very well and I can recommend it.
The module spec says there is a maximum of 1000 tags - any issues with that?
Are UDTs allowed, if yes how is the tag count then calculated?

Thank you.

According to the technical details in the website, UDTs are supported:

• OPC UA Client compatibility for scalar tags, UDT component tags, and arrays

• Complex Type Facet ControlLogix UDT Support (6.5.11)

https://data-intelligence.softing.c...les/eatm-opc-ua-server/#tx-dftabs-tabContent1

I cannot find the statement you mention with regards to a limitation of 1000 tags. I am not aware of such limitation. Can you please point out the document you have seen with this information?

You are both right, there seems to be no limit to the number of tags, the site says transmission speed up to 1000 tags/sec.

Thank you.