Upgrading the firmware version on my PanelView 900 (2711-T9C1)

a_lo1204

I used the PanelView Firmware Upgrade Utility option to upgrade a PV 900 terminal. I used two different versions of the PanelBuilder32 CD. The first version I used was the v3.82.01 which was trying to give me firmware version v4.41 and that did not work at all. The terminal gave an ERROR! with a test number of 74. Then, I tried the v3.61.00 PanelBuilder32 CD which was giving me firmware version v4.10 (the desired firmware version). The download was working and it was complete after a few minutes. The message said that the firmware was loaded successfully. So, I reset the terminal, and I received another ERROR! with a test number of 26. I looked this up in the user manual, and it said that this meant that the "firmware was not compatible with hardware". So what do I do now???

Does anybody have a old version of the PanelBuilder32 CD, and could you send me the firmware file???

Angelo

It sounds like you were trying to update firmware on an old PV900 that did not have the hardware to support it.

Do you happen to know the firmware revision that was originally in the PanelView?

Sorry for such a lame answer in my first reply...I was thinking you started out with firmware 1.x or something like that.

I believe you can download other firmware versions from ab.com if you have a support contract.

If not they are available via CD.

Have you tried to repeat the upgrade process?

Yea, I tried the upgrade process a few times, but no luck. I tried going to ab.com too and the firmware versions they had were the newest firmware which is v4.41, and I really need v4.10. But, I think my hardware is too old for any versions newer than v4.00. Do you have any suggestions???