1794-IE8 - strange readings

(8{)} ( .)

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I've probably programmed hundreds of 1794-IE8's over the years. The panel builder I'm working with has installed thousands of these so I am reasonably sure that they wired them properly. Anyway, yesterday I was checking out a panel with 5 of these and all of them exhibited exactly the same problem.

I scaled the inputs programmatically to report 0 at 4ma and 30840 at 20ma. Every single input gave an offset of about 600 counts so instead of 0 input reported 600 at 4ma and 31440 at 20ma.

All of the modules are configured for 4-20ma and I DID NOT check out the wiring, perhaps I should have...

Anyone ever encounter this?

Thanks!

Yosi

I've seen two Flex I/O racks in noisy panels get flaky. Analog inputs and outputs would flatline and hold whatever value was happening at the time. Discrete I/O remained fine. A power cycle would clear that for a few hours or a few weeks. Turned out the Flex base ground tabs didn't pierce the oxide layer on the aluminum DIN rail. With a module pulled you can see one hole for panel mounting instead of rail mounting is grounding. None had continuity to the rail. A change to steel rail remedied the problem.

Last edited: