s5-110a programming

Handasee

We have an old machine that has a S5-110A PLC. Programming of the plc requires a PG 630, PG631 unit that we do not have.
We do have a copy of the ladder logic without any comments on it.
Most of the programming instructions are clear.
There are some instructions that I am not familiar with.
Does anyone have an old manual with programming instructions for the PG 630?

In our archive, we have all the documents for the S5 110A as well as the PG630. Depending on what you want, I can post it here or let me have your e-mail address and I will contact you off the board.

Regards,

DaveM

I remember that timers ware separate i/o-units where timer enables by Output fe. A 5.0 and time has done games back from the input I 5.0, they ware adjustable by screwdriver. I have some paper-manuals too.
http://www.alanen.info I also have some knowlege of it.

Some instructions of 110A
NOP 0; for over writing by command (16 false bits) (no operation)
NOP 1; for over write some command by 16-true bits (no operation)
BE; program end
BEB; contingent program end ( if RLO is true)
SM; disable next command(s)
RM; enable commands again
Variables; E (I) input, A (O) Output, M (F) memory

More info

My problem is with the set/reset instructions used in this program.
It may be common to other PLC's but this is the first time that I have seen this.
I would appreciate it, if someone can explain it.
A simplified ladder diagram is attached.
The first line sets M0.0
The following three lines also contain a "set M0.0"
Reset does not refer to M0.0 but to the outputs attached to that line.

cuc.jpg

Hi, I have Finnish Simatic list ST51-1981 for S5-110A.
There is explained Alarm-function U M0.0 with front- or back edge, program jumps to the beginning of the program.
If there is Digital input unit 24VDC 6ES5401-7AA12 or -7AA13 there are Alarm-functions to S5-bus somehow.
S M0.0 disables next S5-command(s) and R M0.0 enables it again.

What means letter "I" in IA18.1 ? I don't know..but I hope you know more of M0.0. Your prg-list seems to be somekind of alarm handler ?

Last edited:
Just a guess... Maybe "I" means "Immediate"? IOW, read the status of the input NOW.

I'm sure Jean Pierre can shed some light on this? It's been a long time since I've dealt with Siemens (I'm from the S5 era)...

beerchug

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Just a guess... Maybe "I" means "Immediate"? IOW, read the status of the input NOW.

-Eric

It could be and sounds sensible, but "Immediate" is "unmittelbar" in German ?
S5-110A was very poor selections of commands, and (and not), or (or not), Set, Reset, OTE, BE, BEB, S M0.0, R M0.0, U M0.0, NOP0, NOP1
thats all.

Last edited:
History: On the right is Timer-unit where are 4 timer inside the unit. Timer enabled by Output fe. A 8.0 and when time has done the Input E 8.0 goes true. Timers has potentiometers for adjustment and dip-switshes for factor 10ms-100 seconds.

s5-110a.jpg

I'm sure Jean Pierre can shed some light on this?

Eric, if you mean me, I'm honoured to be remember as someone who knows anything about S5, but S5-110 was before my time. I've checked my archives and found nothing about this PLC.

Handasee, I think you'll have to email DaveM, since he seems to have the docs at hand.

DaveM, maybe you could check what the adress designations IA and IM mean. It would surely help some others too. Thanks in advance, I'm also interested to know. After all, one never knows too much ;) .

Kind regards,

jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

The "I" in the program should be ignored.
Looking at the program, the "I" is the same as "Start" in a statement list. It is used at the beginning of every rung and starting a new branch in a rung. Why it is included in the ladder diagram, I do not know.

To:DaveM
I would be interested in reading the documentation for the S5-110A
The preferred method would be to post it so members of this forum can also see it.
If you cannot do that, you can contact me through my profile.
Since you are listed as a "guest", I can not make direct contact with you unless you become a member or print your email address.
your help would be appreciated.

you don't need a pg630 at all. you can use step5 v7.0 in running in your laptop and then with the pc/tty cable, you can do any programming things.
I thing you should use the step5 to open the program, get the cross reference file for m0.0. and also, I thing if you use a HMI, it is possible that the m0.0 be reset by the HMI.

Firstly, sorry fo the delay in replying.

Jean Pierre
There is no instuction 'I' for the 110A. The documentation in those days used an 'I' to make the power rail. I therefore believe that this is where it stems from.

Seppoalanen
In essence everything that you put forward is correct.

Handasee
I have scanned some of the relavent pages of the programming instructions, but the files are to large to post here. Please contact me off the board all I will forward to you.

Regards

DaveM

PS
If anybody else requires info on the 110A please feel free to contact me.