How to Access Locked Program in Allen Bradley PLC

Daelim

Hello All

I would like to have your expert advice, If I can access the Hidden or Locked Program in the PLC Program by any chance.
The PLC is AB RS Logix 5000.
When I try accessing the program, it does not allow me to.
Any insight will be highly appreciated
Please check the attached image for clarity.

Capture.JPG

Have you tried to contact the original programmer/company that wrote the code for you?
Are you trying to open up a task or an Add-On Instruction?

Some Add-On's are locked, and for good reason.

If these are written in function block, structured text or system flow chart and you don't have these languages installed (they don't come with the standard RSlogix, you have to purchase them seperately or purchase the professional version of logix), then you will not be able to open them.
When you try to open them it should display at the bottom left of your screen in the status bar whether the language is or is not installed.

like everyone said 3 things could be the problem
Do you have the license for function block or SFC besides the ladder?
Do you have a maintenance viewer or pro viewer license?
I would ask your manager, sometimes the config source protection software keys are turned over when final payment is given to OEM.
Is your source protection configured correctly? There is a app under ENU install directory that you can execute that enables source protection.
There is no 1 single right answer but multiple things.

If these are written in function block, structured text or system flow chart and you don't have these languages installed (they don't come with the standard RSlogix, you have to purchase them seperately or purchase the professional version of logix), then you will not be able to open them.
When you try to open them it should display at the bottom left of your screen in the status bar whether the language is or is not installed.

This is what he is referring to, those look like structured text programs to me.

Capture.PNG

Thanks all, for the input. Will check all the parameters as mentioned and also contact to Vendor to see if it can be unlocked. Thanks

Thanks all, for the input. Will check all the parameters as mentioned and also contact to Vendor to see if it can be unlocked. Thanks

If you are still on good terms with original vendor, upload the program so you have a current copy and send it to them to have source protection unlocked.

2021-03-04 20_44_46-VM Automation V3.35 Lite - VMware Workstation 14 Player.png

This is what source protection looks like and how it is removed.
Once unlocked and you receive it, you will have to download the unprotected version back into the PLC