ControlLogix PIDE

Keystone

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have expierence with PIDE control of an on/off output.
I am converting a heat treat oven from temperature controllers to PLC based PIDE logic. This is a gas fired hardening furnace, not electric heaters with SS relays.
How do I convert the analog CV value to an On/Off. I don't really want to cycle my burners more that once per minute. When I get close to set-point I could cycle them On = x sec and Off = x sec over a one minute time but not sure how to go about it.
o_O
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

PS - All of my furnace safeties with this change are compliant, just need help with the control. I am doing heating only not heating/cooling.

If by PIDE you mean the Rs5000 Function block then see below.

Look at the SRTP function block, can set it up to not use the cooling output.