Rslogix 500 Msg Reset

Dani610

Hi Everyone i have attached a file below kindly have a look. so the problem i am facing here whenever the binary bit B3 goes on it goes into integer file N20 which in return set msg window on. once the msg is one the output on other logic goes on. but when i turn the binary bit B3 off the integer N:20 stays off but nothing happens in msg window it's done bit stays on and the output on the other logic stays on. how can i deal with this. i want the msg window to send the msg according to the state of binary bit B3

q1.jpg

You need to enable the message in order for it to be executed. The MSG will only be executed once on each rising edge of the conditions preceding it.

You need to enable the message in order for it to be executed. The MSG will only be executed once on each rising edge of the conditions preceding it.

yes when I turn the integer bit on with binary bit, the msg is enabled with it's enabled bit high but when i turn that integer bit off the done bit on the msg instruction the stays on and the output stays on as well.

Last edited:
yes when I turn the integer bit on with binary bit, the msg is enabled with it's enabled bit high but when i turn that integer bit off the done bit on the msg instruction the stays on and the output stays on as well.
The DN bit means that it has succeeded. The DN bit will stay true until the next time the message instruction is executed. While the MSG is in process, both the DN and ER bits will go off until the MSG succeeds or fails, then one of them will go true.

Hi Everyone i have attached a file below kindly have a look. so the problem i am facing here whenever the binary bit B3 goes on it goes into integer file N20 which in return set msg window on. once the msg is one the output on other logic goes on. but when i turn the binary bit B3 off the integer N:20 stays off but nothing happens in msg window it's done bit stays on and the output on the other logic stays on. how can i deal with this. i want the msg window to send the msg according to the state of binary bit B3

The message enable bit (EN) goes true when the message is enabled, and is in progress. When the EN bit goes off, either DN or ERR is set to tell you whether it worked or there was an error.

You can unlatch the DN or done bit if you like. It is only set immediately after the message completes. I'm not sure I understand the question.

The message sends when you toggle b3 on. I can't see the logic for 'the output' - is it off the bottom of the screen capture?

The message enable bit (EN) goes true when the message is enabled, and is in progress. When the EN bit goes off, either DN or ERR is set to tell you whether it worked or there was an error.

You can unlatch the DN or done bit if you like. It is only set immediately after the message completes. I'm not sure I understand the question.

The message sends when you toggle b3 on. I can't see the logic for 'the output' - is it off the bottom of the screen capture?

I have attached the output. I want the output to work according to the binary bit B3.
Problem is when B3 is high it makes integer bit N20:0 high so msg instruction set and i get the output. But when I turn the B3 off it turns the N20:0 off and there is no input to msg instruction but done bit of msg stays high and output stays on as well

out.png

The DN bit means that it has succeeded. The DN bit will stay true until the next time the message instruction is executed. While the MSG is in process, both the DN and ER bits will go off until the MSG succeeds or fails, then one of them will go true.

thank younow
Now how can i just reset the done bit after one scan