VLT Dialog Software

Yes, there is a two line LCD display on the Danfoss VLT 2010, but it is not working.

And if you like to read rambling details:

The drive powers up, the red fault light is illuminated and the display back light is illuminated but the display segments are gibberish. Because of that, I am very doubtful the software would be able to connect and extract the parameters, but I would like to try.

Our drive is 30 years old and is used in equipment that does limited production twice each year. The VLT 2000 series developed in 1992, according to Danfoss. It was expanded on by the VLT 5000 series in 1995 and superseded by the VLT 2800 series in 1998.

The VLT 2800 manual still refers to Dialog software, so the software apparently lived on with the 2800 series and may be backwards compatible.

If the display is not working then it seems quite likely indeed that you are out of luck, but good thing to try to pull parameters from the drive anyway. Have you tried with the VLT2800 series software? That should still be available with Danfoss, as the VLT2800 drives have only gone out of production last year or so.

I've contacted Danfoss. They have been very helpful, but no luck in getting me the Dialog software. For details, please refer to earlier posts.

Hmm, I have tried to locate my thumbdrive with the dialog software, but it has gone missing.

The guys in the US have a direct line to Denmark, you will not be able to get into contact with Level 2 as they only deal directly with the sales companies around the world.

Best regards,

Michal

Thanks for your effort, Michal. I ended up replacing the Danfoss VLT 2010 drive with a Powerflex 525 drive that we had in stock. Using the application system manual and specifications, we were able to duplicate the function of the original VLT drive. That was the last of the old VLTs in our plant.

Hi Bob!

In March this year I left Danfoss Drives Level 2 support (Located in Denmark) and I'm quite sure I left the zip files for Dialog with my colleague. So it seems that the guys from the US did not do a good job hunting it down.

I'll see if I still have a copy somewhere.

Michal

Hi Michal,

I`m looking for this specific software, is there any possibility to get it? Physical or if you could upload again to a cloud service,

thanks!

Nice work, Vosay! I downloaded the Dialog software using your link, unzipped it and ran it in the DOSbox provided in the download, and it ran fine. I did not try to connect it to a drive though, so let us know if you are able to connect to a VLT drive with it.

Here is a link to the Dialog software that Danfoss Support sent me. They are a series of 6 floppy disks meant to be installed on 16 bit DOS. I recall trying to install it but I think it was missing a disk.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XM6Inosokkp-05JT7k3PHWwwqc-EaSF5/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Yes! I ran it fine, like you said, using an standard USB-RS485 interface to pins 68 and 69 of a VLT 3006 drive, read and printed parameters well.

Hi, I have a VLT 2800 and I need to backup parameters urgently.
Someone can send me the VLT Dialog 3 software and/or VLT Software Dialog through G drive or mega.nz?

Thanks in advance