Prosoft MV56-PDPMV1 Upload Issues

Rob...

Lifetime Supporting Member
As above, has anyone any experience with these cards.

Trying to upload the Profibus configuration from one.

Doing an upload through the CIP connection doesn't work, doing an upload through the cfg port on the front of the card doesn't work either.

Can get online with the card with no issue and monitor diagnostics.

Using Prosoft Configuration Builder Version 4.4.17.0
FW verion of the card is 1.38

Check the manual, it may have a write protection jumper.

Edit: Just noticed your trying to upload, not sure if that could affect it or not.

Last edited:
... doing an upload through the cfg port on the front of the card doesn't work either.
If you want to use the serial config port and you have RSLinx installed on your laptop, remember to disable the DF1 driver.

Try using Hyperterminal instead of Prosoft Builder.

There is no information in the manual or on their website with information regarding uploading from the card.

I've tried with my Rockwell VM that has RSlinx on it. Also tried on a clean VM that just has the prosoft builder installed.

My concern is that actually uploading the profibus hardware configuration isn't possible, in which case it's going to be a right PITA to re write the configuration.

Are you using the cable provided by Prosoft? It's a DB9 to RJ45 cable (not Ethernet but serial) so you need an available RS232 port on your PC or a USB adapter.

Yes, using the correct cable.

I've set up a few before, downloading no issue. However this is the first time trying to upload from one. I don't have the setup file from the original installation. The company who did the setup is uncontactable.

I can figure out an rebuild the config file, just seems a lot of work when all I'm doing is adding another card to some remote IO.