Micrologix 1400 ASCII issue 82 characters??

pmcguinness

Hi

I am new to the forum. I have a question regarding serial communications in the Micrologix 1400. I want to print a QR code, Barcode and Alphanumerical on a label. At the moment I can print QR and Barcode on the same label no problems , its when I try to add more characters that my problems begin. To print all the above I have to send more than 82 characters to the printer but the PLC is only letting me send 82 it truncates the rest. Is there anyway to send more than 82 characters from the PLC. The Printer is Zebra ZT230 connected via serial.

Here a sample of the code I am using.
View attachment PLC code.pdf

At present I am Printing the code in ST13:18 which is 82 characters
I want to change and Print the code in ST13:20 and ST13:21 but the combine characters are 98.

Any help much appreciated

Pat

You'll have to test the output buffer to see that ST13:18 was finished transmitting then send the next strings. Off the cuff, (3) AWT instructions will be needed (or (2) AWA and (1) AWT ).