Help with Mitsubishi Alpha Series Programming

RUSSET01

I have a Mitsubishi model #AL-20MR-D Alpha Series controller. I am looking for some programming assistance in setting up a momentary switch on input I01. I have attached a very simple program that works the way I want it to with the exception that I cannot get the input to work as a momentary switch. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

By "cannot get the input to work as a momentary switch", do you mean that you have to hold down the button to make it work? You'll need a latch to remember that the button WAS pressed. I'm not familiar with the Alpha programming, so I can't offer much additional help... :(

🍻

-Eric

Ditto on Alpha (I don't know jack on Alpha). It looks like the second timer in the O2 rung doesn't have time (to time) because the first one is 10 and second one is 50. It might be stupid since I don't understand what is going on.

Hi RUSSET01,

What do you whant to accomplish with the programm?

When hold the push button I01 down the one-shot "B05" is activatet and the output O01 is on for 5 sec.
When the I01 is on for more than 1sec ("B04"). the ons-shot "B07" is activatet and the output O02 is on for 5sec.

You have an delay between the O01 and O02 on 1 sec.

But do you what to lacth the indput signal? or what do you mean by "momentary" ?

Best regards

Dariusch

i didn't use them in a long time but it makes no sense to drive relay output by one shot.

in order to provide more help, more detailed description of the problem or desired operation is required.

here is something simple that uses momentary PB to start and stop outputs, one of the ouptuts is with delay...
Alpha_toggle.jpg

After further consideration, I think that you must mean the switch is NOT momentary in SIMULATOR mode. This is accomplished by clicking the button and then clicking again.

Alphas - I wouldnt touch them again - they are for novices to play with and say they can program.
Look at the mess on panics example (no offence to panic btw)
He has only used one input and half the screen is used. If he used all the inputs it would be just totaly clogged up with overlapping wires and components - god they are terrible.
For the same price you can get a little mitsi (the alphas are made by mitsi)PLC and do some proper programming.

Goody said:
For the same price you can get a little mitsi (the alphas are made by mitsi)PLC and do some proper programming.

Alphas are a little bit less expensive than the FX series, and the programming software is a huge amount less expensive. The Alpha can do basic tasks well, is extremely easy to learn to program, and can handle analog inputs on the base unit.

I agree, Goody, I much prefer the FX and true ladder logic. But there are some applications where the Alpha is perfect.

Incidentally, since this thread was started over a year ago, I imagine RUSSET01 probably has his answer. For our enlightenment, and so we don't make the same mistake, what was the solution?

Hi

A have proplems too. I want to change time values of FB without using direct programing. I think it is posible using special key option, but it didnt work for me. Maybe you can help me, or show some examples.
specialkeyry4.jpg

specialkey02eq0.jpg

i agree with goode on not touching them again, we had 15 of them in the food processing plat i use to work in. they were slow and a pain. found that ab micro 1000 were cheaper than what we were paying for the alpha's. i changed them all over to micro's and just by changing them over we picked up a whole cycle a minute on one of our vacuum packaging machines and had tweeking room on timers to prob get almost another cycle out of it. the alpha's were maxed out. it we tweeked timers down any more it would do very eratic things and fault the machine. The alpha was running a depositor filling product trays on this machine. similar speed pick up on all other uses and the programing was a whole lot simpler.

charles:p

Hi

A have proplems too. I want to change time values of FB without using direct programing. I think it is posible using special key option, but it didnt work for me. Maybe you can help me, or show some examples.

Sorry for the zombie post but someone might still be looking for this...

For what its worth I had trouble with this too, then I found a documented example and tried some parts from it, and it seemed to work, then I tried the program I'd been working on and found it worked there too.

To make a value adjustable:

It has to be something that is writable, e.g. a counter value.
Analog inputs and the results of a "Gain" block are read only. Math blocks are probably read only too.

Time switch settings can be set but the controls are scary.

So first you connect the counter to a display block and enable "special key"

Run the program on the actual controller (it doesn't work in sim)

With the value displayed press "<" (Left) and the value should flash. It can now be altered with "+" and "-". Multiple parameters can be selected via up and down. Confirm with "OK".

Sorry for stating something that ought to be obvious, but it's taken me half a day, some googling, and experimentation to find this.

Unlike "Display manager" this function does not appear to work in simulation.

Also it conflicts with "Monitoring" because the software objects to program parameters changing.

Further to the above: You can make an analog parameter variable (such as a comparator threshold) by using a counter as a "store" for the parameter, don't connect the counter inputs, just display the count and use it as a comparator input.