How to counter??

RogerBrunner

New to PLC programming and have the layout 99% complete and working!!!! However I have 1 small issue, I have 2 inputs activating the same output, I need that same output to remain active until the same amount of actions on those 2 inputs happen on a 3rd input?

In- 1 gets 3 signals
In- 2 gets 2 signals
I need output 1 to stay active until
In- 3 gets 5 signals

You need to use a counter to count each time input 1,2,or 3 comes on. Then add input 1 and 2 together and compare that to the count from input 3. Then use that to enable or disable your output.

You will also need a way of resetting your counters so you are able to reset everything and start counting again.

I was bored so i threw together something. I reset the count by holding down all three inputs.

Disclaimer:
I've been writing an HMI program all morning and my brain is a little fried, so you may need to play with it a bit to get what you need.

Count.jpg